5/17/2011

Configuration Scenes - Ultra Basic Material – free 3d max download

Configuration Scenes - Ultra Basic Material – free 3d max download

Configuration Scenes - Ultra Basic Material | Rar 4Mb

People keep asking me about creating a material exchange site for mental ray. I think it's a great idea, and at one time I had worked on one...but that fell apart (not from lack of effort on my part). After that, I knew of a handful of websites that were actively working on creating a material exchange site for mental ray users. Quite a bit of time has passed and now I'm honestly not sure if anything is still in the works on any front.
So, what's the purpose of this post? Well, I'm posting a few test scenes that I have used recently to help visualize some of my own materials. I expanded it to include a very simple caustic scene for those that use caustics (I generally don't).
Yes, I realize this doesn't in any way solve the problem of not having a material exchange site. BUT, I thought the scenes may be useful for preparing your own materials. On the upside you'll be ahead of the game whenever we do see a mental ray material exchange site appear.
Both of these test objects are in one scene. You can switch between the hard-surface object, and the rounded shaped object by using the scene state switch (tools>manage scene states). I wanted to include the caustic example as a scene state...but evidently the scene states don't work with GI/FG settings, and switching between cameras.

Hotfile
Download | Hotfile

Fileserve
Download | Fileserve

 

Click below to DOWNLOAD

Configuration Scenes - Ultra Basic Material

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More